Monday, October 18, 2010

Been asked to share

So I have been asked to share a few of my cooking hints. My husband says I am constantly opening the cupboard and coming up with new recipes. And I guess this one was such a hit that He wanted me to share it with you all

I have no clue what to call it except Yummy. This has become a new family favorite.

You will need:
Ground Meat (Hamburger, Turkey or Sausage work great) you can also use Polish Sausage cut up
about 6 large potatoes (this will feed about 5 people)
1 or 2 Onions (depending on Size and how much you like onions)
2 Cups Cheese
Sour Cream
Chives

And Frankly anything from your cupboard that sounds good. I honestly came up with this cause i was hungry and my brain would not work

lightly Grease a Large Cookie Sheet
Cut up your potatoes in to bite sized Pieces. I do medium Size pieces (Leave skin on if your family will eat it)
Lay the Potatoes out on the Pan.

On the stove top Cook your meat and onions.
Lay atop the Potatoes
Mix the potatoes and meat into a good mix while leveling out on the pan
Add any other Veggies or Additions at this point
Sprinkle Chives and any other seasoning you like on it. We add Garlic too.

Preheat oven to 425.
Once preheated switch to the Broiler

Place the pan under the broiler for about 15 minutes. Flip at the half way mark. Check the potatoes. They should be crispy on the edges but cooked all the way through. Sprinkle with cheese and place back under broiler so the cheese will melt

Dig in and enjoy.

Serve with Sour cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment