Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Summer BBQ Chicken Salad

This is a favorite of mine that my mom came up with it a few years back.

Ingredients:
Fresh Veggies (Avacado, Carrot, Bell Pepper, Celery)
Salad Mix (I like Spring Mix or Baby Greens, I always add spinach)
Chicken Breast (boneless and Skinless works best..so do chicken tenders)
Beans (I like Black Beans, my Husband loves Chick Peas)
BBQ sauce
Grated Cheese
Salad Dressing

Grill up your chicken. Put your sauce on very last and let it cook for just a few minutes each side.
Place your salad mix on plate
In a round design layer your Veggies. I usually do a color palate cause it looks pretty.
Slice the cooked Chicken and Lay on top of salad.
Sprinkle with Cheese while chicken is still hot
Serve with Dressing or choice.

Variation: add salsa and corn and make this a spicy salad or add pineapple and use teriyaki sauce for a festive oriental salad.

Enjoy, this is perfect for those hot days when nothing sounds good. And even kids who don't like veggies with love this summer treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment